This policy applies to information about living identifiable individuals only.
Information gathered from our website
You may choose to provide personal information to us when you ask us to contact you or request a quotation. You may be asked to provide information about yourself including (but not necessarily limited to) your name, title, postal address, telephone number and/or email address.
Information gathered to offer fire services
If you contact us and request information or become a customer of TFSS, we will need to obtain basic information to confirm your preferred means of communication, including your name, title and postal address, together with normal contact details for you and any other parties that will be included in any products or services we provide.
Information gathered automatically
We may also collect information automatically about your access and usage of our website using cookies and other analytical technology. Full details of our data collection methods are included in the ‘Cookie’ section below. We will use your IP address, which is a numeric code that identifies a computer on the internet, to collect internet traffic data and information on your browser type and computer. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may reject them by amending your browser settings, unless they are required for the delivery of our website or services to visitors.
Information gathered from third parties
Additionally, we may obtain information about you from legitimate third parties, including suppliers and partners that are relevant to your enquiry or quotation request.
How does TFSS use your information?
We will use your information for the specific purpose(s) for which it has been provided or collected by us, including:
- to provide information that you may request regarding the services we offer
- to contact you to introduce our services
- to provide our customers with associated products and services including referrals to other fire services providers both in the UK and overseas, where appropriate
- to comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations
- to verify your identity for financial compliance purposes
- to deal with any feedback, queries or complaints that you may have
We may also use the information that we collect about you for marketing and business development purposes, including:
- to provide information about TFSS and the services we provide, which may be of interest to you, by sending you information or business updates
- to provide you with updates on relevant areas of our services
- to contact you about other activities and events that we may undertake
Information gathered by cookies and similar analytical technologies are used to measure and analyse information on visits to our website, to update the website to improve the visitor experience and to improve technical performance. We will not use the data to identify you personally or to make any decisions about you.
Furthermore, we may use your information to administer, support and improve our business generally and to enforce our legal rights.
Legitimate grounds for processing your information
We must have a lawful basis for processing your information. This will vary depending on the circumstances for obtaining your information, but will typically include:
- the activities are within our legitimate interests as a fire engineering company seeking to engage with and provide services to prospective and current customers
- you have given consent for us to process your information in relation to our marketing activities
- we are completing necessary steps in relation to a contract to which you are a party or prior to you entering into a contract with TFSS, because you wish to engage us to carry out fire engineering activities for you
- the processing is necessary for compliance with legal obligations that we are subject to
If we legitimately process any special categories of information, which may reveal racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs or trade union membership; processing of genetic or biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying individuals; health data or data concerning your sex life or sexual orientation, we must have a further lawful basis for the completion of the processing activities, which may include:
- where you have given us your explicit consent to do so
- where the processing is necessary to protect your vital interests or someone else’s vital interests
- where you have made the information public
- where the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims
- where the processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest
If you become a customer of TFSS, we may use your personal information to send you information that we think may be of interest to you. This falls within our legitimate interests as a fire services company to use your information for marketing purposes.
You will be given the opportunity to confirm whether or not you wish to receive direct marketing materials and communications from us, either at the time you provide your details and/or within the marketing communication itself.
At any point, if you change your mind about being contacted by us, or any of your personal details change, or you believe that any information we hold about you is either inaccurate or out-of-date, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org writing to us at Total Fire Solutions South Ltd, Douglas House, Sir Alfred Owen Way, Pontygwindy Industrial Estate, Caerphilly, CF83 3HU. Alternatively, you can call us on 0292088 2184.
Disclosure of your information
The information you provide to TFSS will usually be held on our computers in the UK and accessed by staff working in the UK. Information you provide to us may be transferred to, stored or processed by third party organisations which process data on our behalf. These third parties may store or process your information in the UK or elsewhere, including outside the EEA. These third parties may include suppliers of products and services, administrative and support services, suppliers of other specialist products or outsourced IT applications and systems, including cloud-based platforms.
We may also transfer your information to other organisations, partners or suppliers with whom we are working on fire engineering services or to whom we are referring you for additional support.
Additionally, we may be obliged to disclose information under certain laws, by order of court or other competent regulatory body or may be permitted to disclose it under applicable data protection laws.
Finally, if TFSS merges with another business entity, divests part of its business or carries out internal corporate restructuring, your information may be disclosed to TFSS’s new business partners or owners or the new corporate entities.
Protection of your information
We have implemented relevant administrative, technical and physical controls for our website, which are designed to mitigate the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorised processing or disclosure of the personal information that we hold. Where we transfer information to third parties to enable them to process it on our behalf, we ensure that these third parties can meet or exceed relevant legal or regulatory requirements for transferring and securing information under their control.
We will also ensure that where information is transferred to a country or international organisation outside of the UK / EEA, we will comply with the relevant legal rules governing such transfers.
We will retain your personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes that it was collected. Details of our information retention policy is available upon request. Our terms of business include details of how we keep customers’ personal information secure.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. However, these rights do not apply in all cases or to all information that we hold about you. In certain circumstances, we may need to continue to hold and process information to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
You have the right to request that we:
- Provide you with a copy of the personal information that we hold
- Update your personal information where it is incorrect or out-of-date
- Delete personal information that we hold
- Restrict the way in which we process your information
- Consider any valid objections to our processing of your personal information
- Provide information you have given to us to a third-party provider of services, where our lawful basis for processing is consent and where processing is automated
We will respond to your request, including providing information on whether the rights apply in the particular circumstances, within the statutory time period. If we are unable to confirm your identity, we may require you to provide further information in order for us complete verification of your identity.
Changes to this policy
We may make changes to this policy from time to time as our business, internal practices or applicable laws change. We will not make any use of your personal information that is inconsistent with the original purposes for which it was obtained or otherwise than is permitted by applicable law. If we intend to use your information for any other purposes, we will notify you in advance, wherever possible.
How to contact us
If you would like to contact us to discuss this policy or how we use your personal information, to exercise your rights, to provide feedback or make a complaint about use of your information, please contact us as follows:
- Karen Walters –Data Protection Manager
- email@example.com 0292088 2184
- Total Fire Solutions South Ltd, Douglas House, Sir Alfred Owen Way, Pontygwindy Industrial Estate, Caerphilly, CF83 3HU.
You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office for information, advice or to make a complaint. The ICO can be contacted online at https://ico.org.uk
Cookies, including browsers or tracking cookies, are small text files that are added to your computer when you visit a website. They help websites to perform certain functions, including knowing who you are if you log into a restricted part of a website and for tracking purposes.
At TFSS, we use the following cookies:
- Google Analytics
We use Google analytics cookies on the website for tracking purposes. The cookies allow us to understand general traffic to our website, including the number of visitors and length of time on the website. This process collects anonymous data to help us develop the website, make improvements and enhance the user experience.
- Privacy Preferences
We use a tracking cookie, which is added to your computer to remember your cookie preferences, including whether you have allowed or disallowed them.
Shortly after arriving at our website, we will add an ‘opt-in’ tracking cookie to your computer unless you specify otherwise. If you would like to opt-in or opt-out of using cookies, you can amend this by altering your browser settings. You can review your cookie settings at any time.
If you do opt-out then an opt-out preference cookie will be added to your computer, however if you delete all your cookies or use a different device then you will need to set your cookie preference again. If this is your first visit and you navigate away from this page without specifying your cookies preference then an ‘opt-in’ tracking cookie with be added to your computer.
Please note that you cannot opt-out of the deployment of cookies that are necessary for delivery of our website or services to visitors.
v1.0– 6thJune 2018